Jeans to Dress remake

Yesterday was a rainy stormy day, so I started to clean my closets, well one thing lead to another and a pile of give away jeans turned into a new shift dress.

(yes, my dress form is crooked, I broke a plastic part on the inside and it wobbles to the left.)

I started by openning up the legs of the pants, and randomly sewing the pieces together to create a fabric in which to layout the a pattern piece. I then added darts for shaping where it needed to be.  I tried on and off again a bunch of times to get the dress to hang the way I wanted it to and then the fun begins. I love to add bobbinwork embellishments. I had some grey crochet perle cotton and wound about 10 bobbins, then started to sew away! One pair of jeans had a screen printed a floral pattern. It was only on one leg so I got out my paint brush and painted a sort-of matching pattern with a cheap grey acrylic pant I happen to have. Best part, every dress must have a pocket!

I have this pile of scraps left over so I’ll save them for a matching purse of some sort. I’ll be posting that when I get around to making it.

Go be fearless and create!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: