First off… can you hear my hoops and hollers??? I found my camera!!! Woo-hoo!
Back to posting finally!
I couldn’t wait to try it out… and I could see these simple flower shapes used in all sorts of things, but this first project screamed quilted design of some sort.
I decided to play around with digitizing again and using the sizzix. I cut paper shapes, scanned them and digitized around the shapes. I use the Bernina version 6 software now to digitize my embroidery designs, I started long time ago with the Bernina version 2, upgraded to 4 and then upgraded again to Version 6 several years ago and am very happy with the software. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you learn it the possibilities are endless.
Now back to my project, a pillow top.
I started with a quilted background and stems.
If I only want to cut 5 centers from the yellow, I can stack the fabric over the area and run it through the die. I didn’t mention that I used heat and bond products to adhere to the back of the fabric before cutting. Then all I have to do is peal the paper backing to iron into position before sewing.
I thought I’d play around with another design and add a word art design for the back.
The neat thing is all the possibilities with this new die!