The rules for receiving this award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award – that was easy and a treat to do because I learned more about crocheting…. terrific photos and tutorials for a great bracelet which girls will love! http://thestitchsharer.wordpress.com/
2. Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award… So… here are my nominations in no particular order…. all are my favorite… and I need about 10 more slots….
3. Say 7 things about yourself.
- I started blogging as a way to find all the good in my life. I wanted a record of what I do and to focus on happy things.
- I am a freelance educator specializing in Sewing and blogging is a terrific medium to explain my classes to students so they can be prepared for the sewing weekend I will be teaching them.
- I started sewing in middle school when my sisters hand-me-downs didn’t fit and were soooooo out of style by the time they got to me! Sewing was my survival tool back then!!
- I saved money to go to college by working at a tailors shop when I was in High School. I worked through college in the costume dept one as a major and two to earn money. During the summers I worked in Regional summer repertory theatre companies both sewing and performing.
- I re-upholster, re-purpose, reuse and recycle. My Nana always said ” Make it do, use it up or do without!”
- I am a stay at home Mom of 25 years, crafting knitting, sewing, gardening and raising the 4 best kids on the planet with my best friend and Husband.
- I have 8 chickens, 2 cats, 1 Quaker parrot, and the best Dog in the world.
Thank you again to all my blog readers and followers. If I can post just one thing to inspire you to start a project, pick up your needles, get out your sewing machine, open the paint can out or dig a hole in the earth then I feel I have achieved something!